Using our intelligently designed and intuitive dataset, you can quickly understand how Ionq, Inc. (IONQ) is lobbying the U.S. government, how much they’re spending on it, and most importantly – the bills and specific issues on which they lobby.
Gain an informational edge with our Lobbying Data Intelligence. Perform analysis by company, lobbyist, lobbying firm, government agency, or issue.
For lobbying firms: understand your competitors. Understand who is registering with who. Gain insight on quarterly reports and specific issues other firms are lobbying on.
Our lobbying data is collected and aggregated from the U.S. Senate Office of Public Records from 1999-present and is updated on a regular basis. We utilize advanced data science techniques to ensure accurate data points are collected and ingested, match similar entities across time, and tickerize publicly traded companies that lobby.
Our comprehensive and advanced lobbying database is completed with all the information you need, with more than 1.6 million lobbying contracts ready-for-analysis. We include detailed information on all aspects of federal lobbying, including the following fascinating attributes, among much more:
1. Clients: The publicly traded company, privately owned company, interest group, NGO, or state or local government that employs or retains a lobbyist or lobbying firm.
2. Registrants (Lobbying Firms): Either the name of the lobbying firm hired by the client, or the name of the client if the client employs in-house lobbyists.
3. Lobbyists: The names and past government work experience of the individual lobbyists working on a lobbying contract. 3. General Issues: The general issues for which clients lobby on (ex: ENV – Environment, TOB – Tobacco, FAM – Family Issues/Abortion).
4. Specific Issues: A long text description of the exact bills and specific issues for which clients lobby on.
5. Bills Lobbied On: The exact congressional bills and public/private laws lobbied on, parsed from lobbying report specific issues (ex: H.R. 2347, S. 1117, Tax Cuts and Jobs Act).
6. Agencies Lobbied: The names of one or more of 250+ government agencies lobbied on in the contract (ex: White House, FDA, DOD).
7. Foreign Entities: The names and origin countries of entities affiliated with the client (ex: BNP Paribas: France).
Gain access to our highly unique and actionable U.S. lobbying database. Further information on LobbyingData.com and our alternative datasets and database can be found on our website, or by contacting [email protected].
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Ionq, Inc. (IONQ) lobbying for?
Summary of lobbying data: Ionq, Inc. hired three lobbying firms (Holland & Knight Llp, K&L Gates, Llp, Clark Street Associates) to lobby on general issues related to Defense, Budget/Appropriations, and Science/Technology. Specifically, they lobbied on legislation and appropriations bills related to quantum computing, including S. 1260 – United States Innovation and Competition Act of 2021, H.R. 4521 – American Competes Act, H.R. 8255 – Energy & Water Appropriations Bill for FY2023, H.R. 8256 – Commerce, Science and Related Agencies Appropriations Bill for FY2022, H.R. 4350 – National Defense Authorization Act for FY2022, H.R. 4432 – Defense Appropriations Bill for FY2022, H.R. 2471 – Science and Related Agencies Appropriations Bill for FY2022, H.R. 4505 – Commerce, H.R. 7900 – National Defense Authorization Act for FY2023, H.R. 8236 – Defense Appropriations for FY2023, and H.R. 4346 – CHIPS and Science Act. They lobbied various government agencies including the NSA, NIST, DOE, OMB, House of Representatives, Senate, and DOD.
One could infer that Ionq, Inc. is lobbying on the issues related to quantum computing because it is a tech company that specializes in building quantum computers. They likely seek to influence legislation and appropriations to advance their business interests in the rapidly growing field of quantum computing. Moreover, the company may be seeking to inform government agencies about their contributions to the field and seek more funding for their research and development in this area.